Shadoworks Aerospace

Chris_Finley

I've been thinking about this now for the better part of 2yrs, but figured it was a good idea to have a site to consolidate all my projects

So from now on, I will post a picture of each new plane that I build on this first post.

So to start it off, here are the ones that are built so far by theme.

Stargate

post-3542-1238523049_thumb.jpg <-- F-302 V4_3.zip

post-3542-1238523515_thumb.jpg <-- Go'uld Deathglider.zip

post-3542-1242171986_thumb.jpg <-- Puddle Jumper v1_2.zip

The Matrix

post-3542-1234461653_thumb.jpg <-- Spirit.zip

As far as I know all these aircraft are for v9.21 and up... However I will go through and update them for v9.41 here shortly...

V--- Continued ---V

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*** Continued ***

post-3542-126314478537_thumb.png <-- Raven.zip
post-3542-126314633941_thumb.png <-- Legacy T-shuttle.zip
post-3542-126314496004_thumb.jpg <-- Sceliphron prototype.zip
post-3542-126314501076_thumb.jpg <-- SST.zip

th_screenshot_97_zps6c219d8c.jpg <-- R44 Sparrow.zip

As far as I know all these aircraft are for v9.21 and up... However I will go through and update them for v9.41 here shortly...

looking forward to your reveiws and comments...

Fly Safe...

Heres the Viper...

post-3542-126314705684_thumb.jpg <-- AV-25.zip

Well put Roger...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTmv7W06MWA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkcgknR0BGk

Well... since the "cats out of the bag", I feel no need to hold these back now,

here are some more shots of the

*F-125 Raven*

post-3542-1234587644_thumb.png post-3542-1234587612_thumb.png

post-3542-1234587742_thumb.png

Looking forward to your replies

Chris

• 1 month later...

so time has past and my curiosity has grown... What do those of you that downloaded my planes think of them?

I wont bash them.... I would like some constructive critisim

ok so heres a couple more planes

First up is a bundle of unfinished planes that later led to the developement of my Legacy, which was my entrant into the Space Shuttle Replacment Compitition before I pulled out do to not having enough knowladge on the subject

post-3542-1238187899_thumb.png

*Note* the Legacy will fly stably and reach sub-orbital very well, however, I can never get the right speed or altitude at the same time to stay orbital

and the Tas pack is just a couple ideas I was playing with, so there not finished but if someone can use them for something else then Great...

So yesterday I started working more on my Arios SST... heres an update as to what I've change in the last few hours.

The fuselage was to blunt and just not sleek enough to be fit for this plane so I went and smoothed it out

_____before______________after

post-3542-1238310122_thumb.jpgpost-3542-1238310570_thumb.jpg

now it may not look like a noticable difference but trust me it was bad. ;)

Next up was the engine nacelle's... there just basic cylinders floating there...

post-3542-1238311022_thumb.jpg

so I went and started molding some smoother lines and its coming out quiet nicely...

post-3542-1238312833_thumb.jpgpost-3542-1238311386_thumb.jpg

Not done yet of course... :rolleyes: but its getting there...

ugh... More tommorow, its late here

Later

Chris

I think you have a lot of creative and interesting looking planes here, and am sorry I am not up to V9 yet to try them. The AV pic is very cool.

Keep up the good work! :)

well dicided to take my old v4.2 F302 out of the closet dust it off and see what I could do with it....

when I opened her in PM I quickly remembered some minor things that I saw on some photos and proceded to add, or adjust things... one of those things was putting some incedence in the Vstabs, I put -5deg so it produced some downwrad force, and then moved the CG back .2 ft...

the results were beyond expectations... Never before did I think I would be able to get the AP to respond so gently with this plane, let alone actually work...

post-3542-1238430223_thumb.jpgpost-3542-1238430234_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1238430244_thumb.jpgpost-3542-1238430253_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1238430286_thumb.jpgpost-3542-1238430295_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1238430470_thumb.jpgpost-3542-1238430480_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1238431565_thumb.jpgpost-3542-1238431573_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1238431584_thumb.jpgpost-3542-1238431622_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1238431631_thumb.jpgpost-3542-1238431638_thumb.jpg

I will be relesing v4.3 later this week something to look forward too...

On an even better note... figured out why my x-Ivap wosnt working, got that taken care of and can now see, hear, and write to other xplaner's online... I usually go by the callsign "518CF", just if you cared to know...

anyways look forward to your comments

Later's

Chris

I think your designs are absolutely cracking! I have yet to fly any but your imagination shows wonderfully in the designs. The paintwork is excellent...very impressed indeed! You certainly have a graphics talent and if they fly as good as they look, which im sure they do, then i think you have a great career within the x-plane org ahead of you :)

Well done, keep em coming..........(wish i could paint my planes as good as yours) :blink:

I think your designs are absolutely cracking! I have yet to fly any but your imagination shows wonderfully in the designs. The paintwork is excellent...very impressed indeed! You certainly have a graphics talent and if they fly as good as they look, which im sure they do, then i think you have a great career within the x-plane org ahead of you

Well done, keep em coming..........(wish i could paint my planes as good as yours)

Thanks Dr. Del, I always try to pull out the best with what I got, and now I'll have even better paints with a new program I just downloaded.... I've been using the basic windows paint this whole time... :D

***This Just In***

"Earlier today, an aircraft owned by the United States Airforce, has crashed... Apperently it was trying to use the Mont Blonc tunnel when it ducked to low, bounced off the ground and had its wings slamed into both sides of the tunnel enterance. Fortunetly the aircraft stayed in fairly one piece and debris was kept locally... Amazingly the entrance to the tunnel was undamaged and no one inside was injured, as a man that was exiting the tunnel saw the plane soon enough to slam on the gas and get out of its way....

Well that is amazing Bob, the pilot must have thougt he was small enough to fit in the tunnel and fly safley through.........."

post-3542-1238470822_thumb.jpg

lol... :rolleyes:

Later's

Chris

Hey everyone... couldnt find much more I needed to add or change so I did have it the new v4.3 F302 uploaded into the DLM...

post-3542-1238522723_thumb.jpg

if theres anything that you guys noticed from the tv series that I dont have on mine (other then the cannons, still looking for more info on them) let me know and I'll try my best to incorporate them into the next versions

Enjoy and Have Fun

Chris

Well with the release of yet another F302 I decided to attempt a basic model of the Puddle Jumper... and with very limited "Helpfull" veiws, I was able to construct my own set of three views and inturn was able to produce my "Basic" model with as close to actuall dimensions as possible...

Low an Behold

***The Puddle Jumper v1.0***

post-3542-1238641402_thumb.jpg

Heres the Drivepod

post-3542-1238641912_thumb.jpg

Unfortunetly, do to the way I have the fuselage made it makes it rather difficult to make the front windshield, but dont worry, it wont be like that for to long... Right now I'm "attempting" to learn Blender so for v2 it will be mostly obj. B)

***Great News*** Got my controler working, took this up and it flys great... very few compaints about its flight performance... however... it does like to pitch up with no throttle and will pitch down with full throttle, but its only a minor amount

uhh... :mellow:

It come with the same panel as the v4.3 F302 for now and is only subsonic for the time being do to not wanting to comprimise the simplicity of the model :P

Have fun with it, as soon as I get a new controler I'll fix the flight model to something that can handel hyper-sonic speeds and still fly slower then a feather ;)

Later's

Chris

Oh Trust me.... they do, Its attached to the gears.... there retracked when the gears go down and extend when the come up.... not the best way to model this but it was the easiest way I could think of at the time....

Later

Chris

Well I've been taking my sweet time with this one since no one has any input for my other planes, -_-

heres a short vid to show its new feature and to show all who are skeptical that the Drive Pods DO retracked. :P

PJ1.wmv

Oops, gotta run.... please post comments

Laters

Chris

• 1 month later...

Wow.... been awhile since I was last in here..... (Cleans out cobwebs).............

Hey Guys, Got started on a New aircraft last nigt and have really been enjoying this configuration.....

heres last nights shot...

post-3542-1241815579_thumb.jpg

and heres this afternoon...

post-3542-1241815822_thumb.jpg

anybody know where I could get a good quality object of a T701D? Thanks

Hope to hear from ya

Chris

Seriously guys..... :huh: I literally have to beat you guys just to get a response back...

I know my planes arent the greatist but at least have the dignity to post a comment or two, h*** even if you hate my planes, <_< say what you hate and tell me what you like in a plane and I'll incorperate it into past and future planes........ Im one of those guys that work good with constructive critism...

Anywho, I cant think of a name for this heli, any thoughts? and yes its the same one as above, just finally getting a fuselage...

post-3542-1241901513_thumb.jpg

I'll have more pictures later

Im currently taking a break from anything stargate related... need a change in style for once, that and both Life and learning 3D apps sucks right now so things are moving slower then a snail....

thigs are still getting done though just slower then Im used to..... so ya.

Seriously guys..... :huh: I literally have to beat you guys just to get a response back...

I know my planes arent the greatist but at least have the dignity to post a comment or two, h*** even if you hate my planes, <_< say what you hate and tell me what you like in a plane and I'll incorperate it into past and future planes........ Im one of those guys that work good with constructive critism...

Anywho, I cant think of a name for this heli, any thoughts? and yes its the same one as above, just finally getting a fuselage...

post-3542-1241901513_thumb.jpg

I'll have more pictures later

That looks really cool, unfortunetly I'm having a hard time naming my designs but it kind of looks like a wasp or a hornet( the bee).

Continuing on with my chopper... this is just a single seater prototype to the 2 seater twin engine version that ha yet to be design and named but sofar, performance on the little brother is above what I was expecting to be able to do my first go-around...

heres another landing movie... think Im getting he hang of it ^_^

X_Plane_movie_take_2.mov

Enjoy

Please, post comments about this or previous works Ive done

@ Thomas Osborn> thats actually a good idea... I'll start looking at different names for bees/wasps/hornets, ect

Archived